Full Professor, Chair of Gender Medicine, University of Padua - Italy
Professor of Gender Medicine
Director of the Internal Medicine Unit
Azienda Ospedaliera Università di Padova Italy
President of the Italian Research Centre for Gender Health and Medicine
Phone: Secretariat +39 049 821 2670 / 2671; Personal +39 049 821 8750; Fax: +39 049 821 1349
Giovannella Baggio obtained her medical degree in 1972, University of Padua (Italy), specialized in Endocrinology (1974) and Internal Medicine (1979).
Postdoctoral training: 1975-1976 Research Fellow, Lipid Clinic, Lufolf Krehl Klinik, University of Heidelberg, Germany, and 1977-1980 Research Associate, Atherosclerosis Centre, University of Padua.
Clinical Professional Appointment:
- 1980-1987 Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Padua;
- 1987-1991 Associate Professor of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University of Pavia;
- 1991-1995 Associate Professor of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University of Padua;
- 1995-1999 Full Professor of Medicine, Chair of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University of Sassari;
- 1999-present Director of the Internal Medicine Unit of the University Hospital of Padua;
- 2013-present Chair of Gender Medicine, Molecular Medicine Department, University of Padua – Italy.
Prof. Baggio is the Founder and President of the Italian Research Centre for Gender Health and Medicine (Centro Studi Nazionale su Salute e Medicina di Genere)
She is author of 250 peer refereed publications and co-Editor of 6 books and monographies.